All About Me!
Hello! My name is Beverley I am a mother of 2 adult daughters, and a Nana to two granddaughters. I live in Letchworth Garden City Hertfordshire. I moved here from Welwyn Garden City July 2014. We are just a 15 minute walk from the railway station where you can get into London in just 30 minutes.
I have been a childminder for 25 years. In 2017 I had my Ofsted inspection and was graded OUTSTANDING in all areas. Please click here to view my report: Ofsted Report
I am a fun loving, passionate, hard working, active and very organised person. I live with my husband Andrew of 30 years and our 2 gorgeous dogs, Jasper and Ruby, both dogs are child friendly. Andrew is also registered with Ofsted to work as my assistant.
My home is warm and welcoming where children can feel happy and secure. It is a large house at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac over looking football fields. We are also a totally smoke free household.
We have a converted double garage which is used only for my childminding, the playroom area has a wide variety of toys and activities which enable children to develop under the EYFS framework. There is also a full bathroom and an office. The Ofsted inspector said my playroom was very well set out and an outstanding feature.
All children are included with our wall display themes, everyone participates and all work is displayed.
We have daily story time where we all sit together and take turns to choose books and we sing songs and learn the actions to them. In the garden we have toys, sand and water, pop up tents and many other games and activities - please see my activities page for more details.
- DPP-Diploma in Pre-school Practice =NVQ3
- Paediatric First Aid
- Introduction to Childminding Practice
- E. L. A. N. First Aid
- Infant and Child First Aid - This course, for child carers, is approved by the Pre-school Learning Alliance.
- 1. Understanding children's rights
- 2. Successful budgeting in your early years setting
- 3. Reflective practice in the early years
- 4. Safeguarding young people. Level 2
- 5. Child neglect level 2
- 6. First aid essentials level 2
- 7. Child protection level 2
- 8. The Send code of practice level 2
- 9. Children protection awareness
- 10. Emergency first response. Certificate of completion 2015
- 11. Characteristics of effective leadership
- 12. Equality and inclusion in Early Years Setting
- 13. Improving children's learning through play
- 14. Being safe: Effective First Aid and Management in Your Setting
- 15. Equality and Diversity level 2
- 16. Supporting early language development
- 17. Health and Safety level 2
- 18. Child Exploitation & Online safety
I attend regular training courses to keep my self up to date and have completed the following:
- The Revised EYFS 2012
- Evidence for Ofsted
- Safer Food Better Business
- Child Protection Awareness
I am also Registered with Ofsted and both myself and my husband are fully CRB Checked and I hold a full Safeguarding Children Certificate. I have full public liability insurance with Morton Michel and am registered with the ICO for data protection and North Hertfordshire Council as a food provider.
I have many policies and procedures to help my business run smoothly, you can see full copies of these when you visit. I use the Baby Days paperless system for recording information.
I am currently taking and collecting children from Lordship Farm School http://www.lordshipfarm.herts.sch.uk.
Please take a look around my website and if you have any questions or would like to arrange a visit please don't hesitate to contact me.
Also find me on Facebook: